With the market on fire and more people than ever looking to buy a home in Denver, many wonder what their first step should be once they make the decision that they are, indeed, ready to buy a home. Buying a home, especially if it is your first, can be a scary and sometimes intimidating process. At Kentwood, your agent will provide the luxury of personalized service and take care of it all, from sepcialized market knowledge to negotiating and closing your transaction. Here, we explain the home buying process in ten easy steps.
1. Select a buyer’s agent to represent your interests.
2. If you are a current homeowner, begin your search for a new home before your existing home is under contract.
3. Discuss your needs. Make sure your agent fully understands what type of home will best suit you.
4. Learn all you can about the neighborhood you would like to live in.
5. Become pre-approved with a mortgage lender, as this will make you a more attractive buyer when making an offer.
6. Make an offer by submitting your contract through your Kentwood agent to the seller for review.
7. Finalize an official contract through your Kentwood agent. Submit earnest money as required.
8. Secure mortgage commitment.
9. Make preliminary moving plans with regard to utilities, insurance policies, etc.
10. Final inspection and closing.