Every Wednesday, we chat with our affiliates from around the globe to get the inside scoop on some of the world’s finest locations. Today, we bring you to Park City with Jess Reid of Jess Reid Real Estate.
I am the president and principal broker.
I have been in Park City for 36 years, since 1978, when I arrived there were two old highways coming into town and Main Street was almost deserted with many stores literally boarded up – it was a much different scene back then.
Park City offers a fantastic overall quality of life from beautiful scenery, to clean air, to a town that still has a sense of community and so many recreational opportunities.
There are numerous and they change with the seasons! In the winter, it’s skiing. In the summer, it could be horseback riding in the nearby wilderness area, golfing or just having a good drink, a cigar and watching the hummingbirds on my back deck. Year round, I always have a good book I am reading.
A blue-bird powder day, scaring the hell out of myself going down one of the Daly Chutes at Deer Valley. Then a light, relaxing lunch and a great glass of wine on the deck at Stein Erikson Lodge looking up at the seemingly endless blue skies.
1. Winter or summer, don’t miss Park City’s Historic Main Street and while you are enjoying all the restaurants, shops and art galleries, don’t forget to drop into the Park City Museum.
2. If you are skiing, don’t miss Deer Valley, it’s the greatest.
3. Enjoy the friendliness of our small town – look at people, smile and say hi and you will be surprised at what you get back.
4. Year-round you can enjoy over 500 miles of maintained trail in and around the city, whether you are snowshoeing, horseback riding, mountain biking or hiking.
5. During the summer, explore the abundance of golf courses around the area or take a day with a guide to visit the river and go fly-fishing.
Get a “gray line tour” from one of our agents who are true locals and know all of the ins and outs of our community. They will help you get orientated to what part of town you may want to live in and point out highlights of historic Park City.
Both locals and tourists love the unique sense of community and quality we have in Park City. High on the list for both would be our proximity (40 minutes) to an international airport and a metropolitan city, Salt Lake City. Along with endless outdoor activities from skiing, to golfing, to fishing, to strolling Main Street and enjoying the incredible beauty of the area. Surprisingly for a mountain resort town, locals enjoy an award winning public school district, plus a number of private schools. Believe it or not, skiing is part of the curriculum in the public schools and there is also a “Winter School” created specific for competitive athletes.
You can easily get a drink in Park City, Utah and we don’t have multiple wives.
8 Ruby Hollow
8 Ruby Hollow is the signature home of the exclusive gated community of Red Cloud.
This five bedroom, eight bath retreat enjoys direct ski-in/ski-out access and unobstructed mountain views.
Best of the best, at the very top of Deer Valley.
View More Property Details Here